Document Number: MC34713
Rev. 4.0, 5/2007
5.0 A 1.0 MHz Fully Integrated
Single Switch-Mode Power
The 34713 is a highly integrated, space efficient, low cost, single
synchronous buck switching regulator with integrated N-channel
power MOSFETs. It is a high performance point-of-load (PoL) power
supply with the ability to track an external reference voltage in
Its high efficient 5.0 A continuous output current capability
combined with its voltage tracking/sequencing ability and tight output
regulation, makes it ideal as a single power supply.
The 34713 offers the designer the flexibility of many control,
supervisory, and protection functions to allow for easy implementation
of complex designs. It is housed in a Pb-Free, thermally enhanced,
and space-efficient 24-Pin Exposed Pad QFN.
• 45 mΩ Integrated N-Channel Power MOSFETs
• Input Voltage Operating Range from 3.0 V to 6.0 V
• ±1 % Accurate Output Voltage, Ranging from 0.7 V to 3.6 V
• Voltage Tracking Capability in different configurations.
• Programmable Switching Frequency Range from 200 kHz to
1.0 MHz with a default of 1.0 MHz
• Programmable Soft Start Timing
• Over Current Limit and Short Circuit Protection
www.DataSheet4U.com • Thermal Shutdown
• Output Overvoltage and Undervoltage Detection
• Active Low Power Good Output Signal
• Active Low Shutdown Input
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code EP.
SWITCH-MODE POWER SUPPLY
-40 to 85°C
(3.0V TO 6.0V) VIN
Figure 1. 34713 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.