Document Number: MC33927
Rev. 2.0, 8/2007
Three-Phase Field Effect
The 33927 is a Field Effect Transistor (FET) pre-driver designed for
three-phase motor control and similar applications. The integrated
circuit (IC) uses SMARTMOS™ technology.
The IC contains three high-side FET pre-drivers and three low-side
FET pre-drivers.Three external bootstrap capacitors provide gate
charge to the high side FETs.
The IC interfaces to a MCU via six direct input control signals, a SPI
port for device setup and asynchronous reset, enable and interrupt
signals. Both 5.0V and 3.0V logic level inputs are accepted and 5.0V
www.DataSheelto4gUic.colemvel outputs are provided.
• Fully specified from 8.0V to 40V covers 12V and 24V automotive
• Extended operating range from 6.0V to 58V covers 12V and 42V
• 1.0A gate drive capability with protection
• Protection against reverse charge injection from CGD and CGS of
• Includes a charge pump to support full FET drive at low battery
• Deadtime is programmable via the SPI port
• Simultaneous output capability enabled via safe SPI command
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code EK
EK SUFFIX (Pb-FREE)
-40°C to 125°C
Figure 1. 33927 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.