Quad High Side Switch
(Dual 10 mOhm, Dual 25 mOhm)
Document Number: MC10XSC425
Rev. 2.0, 9/2013
The 10XSC425 is one in a family of devices designed for low-voltage
lighting or factory automation applications. Its four low RDS(ON)
MOSFETs (dual 10 m/dual 25 m) can control four separate 55 W /
28 W bulbs, and/or Xenon modules, and/or LEDs, and/or DC low
Programming, control and diagnostics are accomplished using a 16-bit
SPI interface. Its output with selectable slew-rate improves
electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) behavior. Additionally, each
output has its own parallel input or SPI control for pulse-width
modulation (PWM) control if desired. The 10XSC425 allows the user to
program via the SPI the fault current trip levels and duration of
acceptable inrush. The device has fail-safe mode to provide fail-safe
functionality of the outputs in case of MCU damaged.
This device is powered by SMARTMOS technology.
• Four protected 10 m and 25 m high side switches (at 25 °C)
• Operating voltage range of 6.0 to 20 V with sleep current
< 5.0 A, extended mode from 4.0 to 28 V
• 8.0 MHz 16-bit 3.3 V and 5.0 V SPI control and status reporting
with daisy chain capability
• PWM module using external clock or calibratable internal
oscillator with programmable output delay management
• Smart overcurrent shutdown, severe short-circuit,
overtemperature protections with time limited autoretry, and fail-
safe mode, in case of MCU damage
• Output OFF or ON open-load detection compliant to bulbs or leds
and short to battery detection.
• Analog current feedback with selectable ratio and board
HIGH SIDE SWITCH
EK SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
• Low-voltage industrial lighting
• Halogen lamps
• Incandescent bulbs
• Light-emitting diodes (LEDs)
• HID Xenon ballasts
• Low voltage factory automation
VDD VPWR VDD
Figure 1. 10XSC425 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2013. All rights reserved.
Free Datasheet http://www.datasheet4u.com/