• Board mount type “GT” package: 17 pins
• InGaAs-PIN with pre-amplifier
• Integrated Design Optimizes Performance at Bit Rates
up to 10.7Gb/s
• Electrical Differential Output
• High Sensitivity: -19.0dBm
• Operating Case Temperature: -5°C to 75°C
This APD with preamplifier is intended to function as an optical
receiver at 1,310nm or 1,530-1,610nm in SONET, SDH, DWDM or other
optical fiber systems operating up to 10.7Gb/s. The typical transimpedance (Zt)
value of 1,200Ω optimizes the total bandwidth for 10Gb/s application.
The detector preamplifier is DC coupled and has an electrical differential output.
The FRM5J141GT incorporates a high bandwidth InGaAs PIN
photo diode, a GaAs amplifier in a hermetically sealed board mount type package.
The PIN is processed with modern epitaxial techniques resulting in a reliable
performance over a wide range of operating conditions.
ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS (Tc=25°C, unless otherwise specified)
Tstg -40 +85
Vss -6 0
PIN Reverse Voltage
PIN Reverse Current
VR 0 20
IR - 4(peak)