TWO PHASE HALL-EFFECT SMART FAN MOTOR CONTROLLER
The AH2984 is a single-chip solution for driving two-coil brushless
direct current (BLDC) fans and motors. The device includes a Hall-
effect sensor, dynamic offset correction and two complementary
open-drain output drivers with internal Zener diode protection. It is
optimized for low start-up voltage.
To help protect the motor coils, the AH2984 provides Rotor Lock
Protection which shuts down output drives if rotor lock is detected.
The device automatically re-starts when the rotor lock is removed.
Over temperature shutdown provides thermal protection for the
The AH2984 is available in SIP4 and SOT89-5 packages.
12 3 4
1 : VDD
2 : DO
3 : DOB
4 : GND
• Single-chip solution
• Operating Voltage: 2.5V to 15V
• Built-in Hall sensor and input amplifier
• Rotor Lock Protection (Lock detection, output shutdown and
• Built-in reverse voltage protection diode
• Built-in Zener protection for output drivers
• Average output current up to 500mA
• Packages: SIP-4 and SOT89-5
• “Green” Molding Compound
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
GND 2 AH2984
• Two-coil BLDC Cooling Fans
• Low Voltage/ Low Power BLDC Motors
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Document number: DS31698 Rev. 4 - 2
1 of 10
© Diodes Incorporated