2A 420kHz PWM BUCK DC-DC CONVERTER
The AP3005 is a 420kHz fixed frequency PWM buck
(step-down) DC-DC converter, capable of driving a
2A load with high efficiency, low ripple and excellent
line and load regulation. The device includes a
voltage reference, an oscillation circuit, an error
amplifier, an internal PMOS and etc.
The PWM control circuit is able to adjust the duty
ratio linearly from 0 to 100%. The enable function,
over current protection function, short circuit
protection function and soft-start function are built
inside. When OCP or SCP happens, the operation
frequency will be reduced from 420kHz to 40kHz.
An internal compensation block is employed to
minimize external components.
The AP3005 serves as an ideal power supply unit for
portable devices, especially for chip set power in
portable systems. It’s widely used for PDVD, LCD
monitor and DPF chip set powers.
• 2A Constant Output Current
• 130mΩ RDSON Internal Power MOSFET Switch
• Up to 94% Efficiency
• Fixed 420kHz Frequency
• Wide 4.75V to 25V Input Voltage Range
• Output Voltage Adjustable from 0.8V to 21V
• Built in Thermal Shutdown Function
• Built-in Current Limit Function
• Built-in Soft-Start Function
• Support Ceramic or Electrolytic Capacitors
• Portable DVD
• LCD Monitor/LCD TV
• Digital Photo Frame
• Set-up Box
The AP3005 is available in SOIC-8 package.
Mar. 2011 Rev. 1. 4
Figure 1. Package Type of AP3005
BCD Semiconductor Manufacturing Limited